This Mediterranean grain bowl is a delicious Panera copycat recipe. They make the perfect lunch or dinner, plus they're packed with nutrients to keep you full and satisfied!
Panera Mediterranean Grain Bowl
This copycat Panera mediterranean grain bowl is so good and makes a nutritious lunch or dinner! It starts with a base of arugula and spinach, then quinoa and brown rice, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, salty kalamata olives, creamy homemade hummus (get the best recipe here!), tangy low-fat feta cheese and Greek yogurt, and a delicious lemon tahini dressing! I love adding a protein like chicken, salmon, shrimp, or tofu to the bowl to make a balanced meal.
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
Flavors like arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese, homemade hummus, Greek yogurt, lemon and more make this Mediterranean quinoa bowl absolutely delicious and healthy.
The flavors are so fresh and come together so well, making this Mediterranean grain bowl a fantastic meal prep recipe! Make the hummus and dressing, chop the veggies, and prep the grains ahead of time to easy assembly for a quick weeknight dinner or lunch!
- Greens - I love using a mix of arugula and spinach but any sort of mixed green would go great here. Leafy greens are packed with nutrients like vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Quinoa & brown rice - these are both whole grains, meaning they have more fiber than more processed/refined grains. The nuttiness of both give this grain bowl a great flavor and texture.
- Produce - cucumbers and tomatoes are classic Mediterranean ingredients. They give the bowl a nice crunch!
- Olives - kalamata olives are perfect for this recipe but you can omit if you don't like olives or sub for your favorite kind! Olives a great source of unsaturated fats.
- Low-fat plain Greek yogurt - rich in high quality protein and probiotics, plain Greek yogurt is a great addition to this recipe. It adds a tangy creaminess that compliments the other flavors and textures so well!
- Low-fat feta cheese - similar to the yogurt, feta gives a tangy, creamy feel to the bowl. I always recommend using a reduced fat version to cut down on the saturated fat!
- Hummus - homemade hummus is 10x better than store bought, in my opinion. It's soo much creamier and delicious! I love this recipe because it's easy and comes together in less than 10 minutes.
- Lemon tahini dressing - the dressing is the finisher that brings the bowl together. The sauce is really what makes a recipe like this come together and this lemon tahini dressing does not disappoint! Making a dressing at home can be much more nutritious than buying one at the store because it uses fresher ingredients and contains less preservatives and added sugars.
How to Make a Mediterranean Grain Bowl
Obviously the ingredients will determine if a grain bowl is good for you or not, but this grain bowl is super healthy because it contains fresh ingredients, multiple colors making it nutrient dense, and a balanced meal from complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and unsaturated fats!
This Mediterranean grain bowl is fantastic cold but you could warm it up if you prefer a warm grain bowl!
100%! That's one of the reasons I love this recipe so much. Simply chop the veggies, make the grains, cook the protein, and prep the hummus and dressing ahead of time. Then all of you have to do is throw everything together right before eating!
Other Recipes You May Like
- The Best Hummus Recipe
- Hummus Salad Dressing
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Kale Caesar with Crispy Chickpeas
- Roasted Ranch Cauliflower
- Crispy Roasted Broccoli
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Rate & Review
If you made my Mediterranean grain bowls, please rate and review my recipe below! I would love to hear your feedback. Also snap a photo and tag me on insta @theperfectpearr so I can see your creation!Print
Mediterranean Grain Bowls
These Mediterranean grain bowls are a delicious Panera copycat recipe. They make the perfect lunch or dinner, plus they're packed with nutrients to keep you full and satisfied!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 bowl 1x
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Bowls
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
For the grain bowls:
- 2 cups (48g) arugula spinach mix (or any leafy green)
- ⅓ cup (55g) sliced cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup (52g) chopped cucumbers
- ¼ cup (35g) brown rice, cooked
- ¼ cup (35g) quinoa, cooked
- 3 Tbsp (56g) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp (45g) hummus (check out this easy recipe!)
- 2 Tbsp (25g) reduced-fat feta cheese
- 5 kalamata olives (14g), halved
- ¼ cup (63g) lemon tahini dressing
- 3oz chicken breast (or protein of choice)
For the lemon tahini dressing:
- ¼ cup (59g) tahini
- ¼ cup (54g) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon (~2-3 Tbsp)
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the lemon tahini dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
For the grain bowls:
- Lay the leafy greens on a large plate or bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, rice, quinoa, yogurt, and hummus.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese.
- Drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over the bowl.
- Add protein of choice.
- Store pre-made bowls in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To meal prep: chop the veggies, cook the grains, and make the hummus and dressing. Store in separate containers in the fridge. Assemble before eating and enjoy!
- Other potential ingredients: roasted red peppers, chopped red onion
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 679
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 1625
- Fat: 29
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 24
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 47
- Cholesterol: 89
Keywords: mediterranean grain bowls, grain bowl recipe, how to make a grain bowl, lemon tahini dressing, homemade hummus, easy hummus recipe, Panera mediterranean grain bowl copycat, healthy lunch recipe, healthy dinner recipe, grain bowl meal prep