Raise your hand if you like peanut butter.
Raise your hand if you like pie.
Now, raise your hand if you like easy, rich, and delicious desserts.
If you raised your hand to any of the above, you HAVE to try our no-bake peanut butter pie recipe!
Lauren’s great aunt makes this recipe every Christmas Eve, in addition to a ton of other sweets (because what’s Christmas without treats?). It’s a family recipe that will be passed down for many generations to come because it’s so good.
Tell me more about this no-bake peanut butter pie
Imagine a peanut butter cheesecake that has a Nutter Butter crust. That’s essentially what this is. The filling is made up of peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, a hint of vanilla extract, and Cool Whip. These ingredients give it a light texture but rich creaminess. The crust is crushed Nutter Butter cookies and butter; how could that not be perfect?
The first step is crucial – you have to let the cream cheese come to room temperature and the Cool Whip thaw a little bit. Cream cheese at room temp mixes waaaay better with the peanut butter and sugar than when it’s cold (cold cream cheese won’t fully mix and you’ll have clumps of cream cheese in the filling). Since Cool Whip comes frozen, it’s pretty solid fresh out of the freezer. Letting it thaw for about 5-10 minutes will make it much easier to fold into the filling once ready.
If you aren’t a big fan of Nutter Butters for some reason, other crust substitutes could be crushed Oreos, graham crackers, or pretzels. You can also mix in crushed Oreos or pretzels, chocolate chips, or chopped up candy pieces (Snickers, Milky Way, Reese’s, etc.) into the filling to give it some texture.
This pie could be made in bar-form as well. Instead of using a pie dish, spread the crust mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 dish. Pour in filling and ta-da! No-bake peanut butter pie bars.
This no-bake peanut butter pie is simple and honestly, amazing. If you love peanut butter, this recipe is 100% for you.Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Calling all peanut butter lovers! If you love peanut butter as much as we do, you’ve come to the right place. You HAVE to make this recipe when your next craving hits!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies (finely crushed)
- 5 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip (thawed)
- Allow cream cheese to get to room temperature and Cool Whip to thaw.
For the crust
- Crush Nutter Butter cookies in a large, sealable plastic bag.
- Dump cookie crumbs into a mixing bowl and add melted butter.
- Mix until the texture is like wet sand. Press into a 9″ pie plate and chill in refrigerator while you make the filling.
For the filling
- Cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until thoroughly combined (almost to a whipped-like texture).
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon filling into crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until firm, about an hour or so.
- Garnish with a dollop of Cool Whip and Nutter Butter cookie and enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Oreos, pretzels, or graham crackers also make a fantastic crust!
- Fold in chocolate chips or drizzle melted chocolate to create one of the best combinations ever (chocolate and peanut butter).
Keywords: easy dessert, no-bake peanut butter pie recipe, peanut butter dessert, peanut butter pie, peanut butter pie recipe, peanut butter recipes