Our frozen banana pudding bars are the ideal summer treat because they’re refreshing and light. The creamy vanilla or banana pudding and sliced fresh bananas turn into an ice cream-like consistency when frozen between two crunchy graham crackers. Our recipe uses only 4 ingredients so it’s easy to whip up and pop in the freezer. We highly recommend using whole milk or even heavy cream when making the pudding because the fat content allows the pudding to be extra creamy. Something about the flavor and texture combination of banana pudding is just delicious, and these frozen banana pudding bars are a fun spin on the classic treat. They’re great for any summer cookout, poolside, or as an afternoon snack to cool off in the summer heat!
Ingredients for this recipe
- Instant vanilla or banana pudding is the easiest option because it’s quick (like the name says). You can totally use the cook and serve pudding or even make homemade pudding or custard! You can also use any flavor of pudding you’d like – chocolate, butterscotch, banana, etc.!
- In our opinion, the best time to use bananas is when they’re yellow but not spotted yet. The more yellow and spotted a banana is, the sweeter it is. So use whatever shade of yellow (or green) you prefer to eat your bananas!
- A good graham cracker is key. After all, it’s what makes these bars a sandwich. The flavor and texture of the graham crackers makes these frozen banana pudding bars taste as great as they do.
They will last in the freezer for 1-2 weeks, although the bananas may start to brown after 4 days or so. We recommend keeping them in an air-tight container.
If your bananas are too green to use, there are a couple of tricks you can try. You can seal them in a paper or plastic bag to speed up the ripening process. You can also bake them at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes to get them nice and ripe!
You should be able to use your favorite milk alternative but the color and texture may turn out slightly different than if you used cow’s milk. We recommend using a milk with some fat in it, like soy or coconut, to give it that creamy texture.
Layer graham cracker squares onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Generously spoon ~1/4 cup vanilla pudding onto each graham cracker. Add 2-3 banana slices on top of the pudding. Spoon a little more vanilla pudding on top of the banana slices (this will act like a glue) and top with another graham cracker square. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Dust with powdered sugar before eating 🙂
You can eat them straight out of the freezer but you may get a brain freeze! We let them thaw on the counter at room temperature for ~20 minutes before eating. You can also pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.
These frozen banana pudding squares are the ideal treat when the summer heat is in full swing. They’re a great kid-friendly recipe to make and eat as well! If you are looking for more summer recipes, check these out:
- Limoncello pound cake
- Frozen chocolate banana sandwiches
- Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies treats
- No-bake peanut butter pie
- Garden City cocktail
- Southside Gin cocktail
- Simple guacamole with homemade tortilla chips
- Healthy Ranch dip
- Fresh strawberry fruit salsa
Let us know your thoughts!
If you try our recipe, please rate and review it below. We also love connecting on social media so be sure to tag us @theperfectpear8 so we can see your creation and repost it! 🙂Print
Frozen Banana Pudding Bars
Our frozen banana pudding bars are the ideal summer treat because they’re refreshing and light. The creamy vanilla or banana pudding and sliced fresh bananas turn into an ice cream-like consistency when frozen between two crunchy graham crackers. They’re great for any summer cookout, poolside, or as an afternoon snack to cool off in the summer heat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 bars 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
- 10 sheets (rectangles) graham crackers (or 20 squares)
- 1–3.4oz package instant vanilla or banana pudding
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 2–3 large ripe bananas
- Whisk instant pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Break graham cracker rectangles/sheets in half so they’re squares. Layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Generously scoop ~1/8 cup (2 Tbsp) of pudding onto each graham cracker square.
- Slice bananas and place 2-3 slices on the pudding.
- Spread another tablespoon of pudding on top of the banana slices followed by a graham cracker square to make a sandwich.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, let thaw at room temp for ~20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Bananas may start to brown after a few days but are still okay to eat within that timeframe!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 54
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 2
Keywords: frozen banana pudding bars, frozen banana bars, frozen banana pudding, banana pudding recipe, healthy desserts, frozen desserts, ice cream desserts, banana dessert, banana dessert recipes