Frozen chocolate banana sandwiches are the perfect summer treat. Not only are they simple to make, they are the ideal combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana! Calling for only 3 ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these frozen banana bites to enjoy on a warm summer day. Rich dark chocolate compliments nutty peanut butter and creamy frozen bananas just oh so well. If you love ice cream and the chocolate-peanut butter combo, this is the recipe for you! We love having these in the freezer when the ice cream craving strikes but we want something light instead. Our frozen banana recipe also satisfies any chocolate craving that may creep up on you.
- You can use any type of banana, just right or a little over ripe.
- Natural peanut butter works best because it spreads easier. Look for peanuts or peanuts and salt in the ingredients label (no hydrogenated oils).
- Freezing the banana sandwiches before adding the chocolate helps them keep their “sandwich” shape by preventing the top slice from sliding off.
- For the chocolate, you can use melting chocolate or whatever type of chocolate chips you have on-hand!
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks in the freezer!
Totally fine! Any type of banana will do (we would avoid using extremely underripe bananas though 🙂 ).
We recommend using natural peanut butter because it spreads much easier than regular peanut butter (plus it’s better for you!). In terms of smooth or crunchy, pick your preference! We love crunchy peanut butter in this recipe because it adds texture.
We suggest at least 20 minutes. During this time, we clean up and melt the chocolate!
This happens with bananas are exposed to oxygen. They aren’t necessarily bad, but we recommend eating the banana sandwiches before this happens! Make sure you store them in an air-tight container to prevent as much oxygen from coming in contact with the bananas.
YES! If you love bananas and you love chocolate, you will love this combination. Add in peanut butter and you have the perfect trio of flavors!
Other Frozen Chocolate Banana Sandwiches Flavor Ideas
We love this recipe because it’s easy, delicious, and versatile. There are so many different flavor combinations you can create depending on your mood and preferences! Here are some our favorites:
- White chocolate + peanut butter
- Milk chocolate + almond butter
- Dark chocolate + cashew butter
- White chocolate + macadamia nut butter + sprinkle of coconut on top
- White chocolate + almond butter + sprinkles on top
- Use powdered peanut butter mixed with milk or water to cut back on calories
If you make our recipe, please rate and review it below! We love any and all feedback. We also love connecting on social media so please snap a photo and tag us @theperfectpear8 so we can see!Print
Frozen Chocolate Banana Sandwiches
Our frozen chocolate banana sandwiches are the perfectly satisfying sweet treat when you want something on the healthy side. They’re *almost* like a banana, chocolate, and peanut butter ice cream. Made with just 3 ingredients, they’re also simple to make!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 42 bites 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 5 bananas
- 5 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips (melted)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice bananas ~¼ of an inch thick, or whatever size you prefer and place ½ of the slices on the baking sheet.
- Place a small dollop of peanut butter on each banana.
- Top with another banana slice to make a banana sandwich. Place in freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. If you melt the chocolate in the microwave, be sure to keep an eye on it! We suggest starting by microwaving for 1 minute and stirring for 30 seconds or so to see if you need more time.
- Remove banana sandwiches from freezer. Using a spoon or spatula, heavily drizzle melted chocolate over frozen banana sandwiches until you’ve used all of the chocolate.
- Place banana bites back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes or until frozen.
- When ready to eat, let thaw for ~5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Let thaw for a few minutes before eating.
- Bananas may brown due to oxygen exposure.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 3
Keywords: banana recipes, chocolate peanut butter banana bites, frozen bananas, frozen dessert recipes, frozen desserts, healthy dessert ideas, healthy snack ideas, sweet tooth