Homemade dressings like this honey lime vinaigrette recipe are a game changer. The vinegar and lime juice give it an acidic tang while the extra virgin olive oil gives it a depth of flavor. The honey adds a touch of sweetness without overpowering the vinaigrette. Mix in some seasonings and you have yourself a winner! Another perk of this recipe: you mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, blender, or mason jar and mix. That's it! The deep yellow orange dressing goes well in any salad, pasta salad, over roasted veggies or a burrito bowl, or as a marinade for meat, fish or tofu.
More about the ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) - this is imperative for any good salad dressing! High quality EVOO will make or break a dressing, in our opinion. A good EVOO will be dark greenish in color and have a distinct buttery yet peppery flavor. Side story - we visited an olive oil factory in Italy and sampled different olive oils. Definitely recommend doing that!
- White wine vinegar - any vinegar can be used in place of white wine vinegar. Every vinegar has its own flavor profile so different vinegars may alter the flavor slightly!
- Lime juice - as always, we recommend using fresh lime juice to get the best flavor.
- Seasonings - you can tweak these amounts to your liking. Feel free to add more or less, or substitute other seasonings in place of the ones we have! We love to use Tony's or a seasoned salt instead of plain salt to give it a little kick.
Yes! We are sticklers for using high quality ingredients whenever we can and this is a big one. A good EVOO will be dark in color and have a robust flavor.
This can happen with keeping oils in the fridge. Simply leave it on the counter for ~15-30 minutes and mix before using!
It's muchhhh better! Store-bought dressings can have preservatives and other ingredients that affect the taste and even mouthfeel. We strongly prefer homemade dressings just because they taste better!
Not a problem! You can use real maple syrup, agave, plain sugar, or omit the added sweetness altogether! Note that if you use granulated sugar, it may take some time to dissolve.
So many things! Obviously, it goes great on salads. We also love to drizzle some on burrito bowls as a sauce. This dressing makes a great marinade for proteins like chicken, steak, shrimp, and tofu!
Once you make homemade salad dressing, you won't go back
Trust us! Not only is this honey lime vinaigrette recipe delicious, it's easy. Like super easy. Just mix the ingredients together and you have an amazing dressing! We also love this dressing because it's versatile and you can combine so many flavors depending on what you have on hand. You can use red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or a flavored balsamic vinegar (like the ones at Red Stick Spice) to change up the flavor. Or you could use lemon or orange juice instead of lime juice. Even using different oils like avocado or sesame will completely change the flavor profile! The rule of thumb with salad dressings is a 3:1 ratio of oil to vinegar, so stick to that rule but play around with flavors!
Let us know your thoughts!
Did you try our honey lime vinaigrette recipe? Rate and review below to let us know what you thought! We also love to connect on social media and would love for your to tag us in your post so we can see 🙂Print
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups high quality extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp salt
- Pour ingredients into a large mixing bowl, blender, or mason jar.
- Whisk, blend, or shake until fully combined.
- Keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Pour over a fresh salad, burrito bowl, or use as a marinade for meat or tofu!
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 874
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 18
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: honey lime vinaigrette, homemade salad dressing, homemade vinaigrette, salad dressing recipe, vinaigrette recipe, honey recipe, lime recipe, salad dressing, homemade dressing, healthy salad dressing
Leave a Reply