The OG Rice Krispie treats are a classic American dessert. They bring back memories of childhood and good times. You can spot the shiny blue wrapper from a mile away and immediately get excited. Plain Rice Krispies are great but we thought, “Hmm. This recipe can actually be quite versatile.” Therefore, we decided to try a colorful spin (ha – see what we did there?) on the classic and created our Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie treats recipe.
The combination of puffy cereal, butter, and marshmallows is genius. Rice Krispies are on their own are good but add butter and sugar? Yes, please. We love all things festive and wanted to try making these treats with a different cereal and why not try Fruity Pebbles? Well, we did. And we must say, they were fantastic.
What sets these Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie treats apart?
Our favorite part of Rice Krispie treats is the gooey marshmallow, so we wanted to make sure there was ample chewy, sweet goodness in this recipe. We melt quite a bit of marshmallows in the butter to form a sticky marshmallow “cement” if you will and then one of the most important parts – we mix in mini marshmallows to the mixture once the cereal has been added. That way, you’re guaranteed to get chunks of marshmallow in almost every bite.
A little pro tip when it comes to putting the cereal + butter + marshmallow mixture into a pan – spray the pan with non-stick spray so they don’t stick. Doing this will allow each square to come out way easier. We also suggest spraying your hand(s) with a light spritz of non-stick spray as well and using them to gently press the cereal mix into the pan. This will keep the treats light and airy and your hands clean(ish).
Other recipe ideas
Fruity Pebbles work SO well in this recipe, but our minds are always thinking of other ideas so we put together a list of even more cereals and combinations you could try! This recipe will work with any cereal. If you try these flavors/combinations or a new one, let us know in the comments what you did and how they turned out!
- Cocoa Pebbles with a drizzle of peanut butter
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- The OG Rice Krispies
- Cocoa Puffs with a drizzle of white chocolate
- Cheerios with chopped walnuts
- Rice Krispies with colorful sprinkles
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch with chopped pecans
- Captain Crunch
These Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie treats are definitely a crowd pleaser. They are a hit everywhere we bring them, with kids and adults alike. They’re unique and tasty, plus not to mention one of the easiest desserts you can make. Oh and, you can eat them essentially right away. You don’t really need wait for them to cool 🙂Print
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
These are fun, easy, quick, and delicious! They’re a fun way to put a different spin on a classic treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 squares 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 8 Tbsp butter (salted)
- 8½ cups mini marshmallows (plus ½ cup for mixing in)
- 11 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- In a large pot, cook butter on low to medium heat until melted.
- Spray 9×13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add marshmallows and mix continuously until marshmallows have melted and thoroughly mixed with the butter.
- Remove from heat and add cereal and remaining ½ cup of mini marshmallows.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Using your hands, firmly press treats into an even layer.
- Let cool (if you can wait) and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. These treats are best when fresh!
Keywords: easy dessert, fruity pebbles recipes, fruity pebbles rice krispies, homemade rice krispie treats, quick dessert, rice krispie treats