These easy candy bar brownies are so simple to make but definitely don’t skimp on flavor. A good brownie should be rich, dense, and of course, chocolately. This candy bar brownie recipe is customizable to your candy bar preferences and uses our favorite brownie mix (Ghiradelli, obvs) to make a fan-favorite dessert. The smell of rich chocolate coming from the oven makes it hard to wait to eat them until they cool slightly (but we don’t judge if you want to take a spoon or fork straight into the pan because we may have done that before..). We love making these for any occasion from birthdays and celebrations to potlucks to those random nights when the chocolate craving hits. If you love chocolate and you love candy bars, these easy candy bar brownies are a match made in heaven!
- When it comes to brownie mix, Ghiradelli reigns supreme in our household. But if you have a different favorite, use that! Simply follow the directions on the back of the box and add in cut up candy bars before baking. We promised this recipe was customizable!
- For candy bars, like the brownie mix, use your favorite(s)! Our go-tos are Snickers (to add a caramel peanut crunch), Three Musketeers (the marshmallow adds a sweet gooey-ness), Reese’s (because chocolate + peanut butter = amazing), PayDay (more caramel peanut crunch), Peanut Butter M&Ms (again, more peanut butter), and Milky Way (for nougat caramel vibes).
- We use vegetable oil because it’s a mild oil that won’t alter the flavor of the brownies much. You can use whatever oil you prefer or butter!
- Of course, like we always say, let the eggs come to room temperature before using. We mix our brownie batter until JUST combined because we really don’t want to overmix it. Mixing brownie batter until just combined allows for a dense, ooey gooey brownie that we all love.
- You can substitute milk for water in a brownie recipe as well. We didn’t do that for this particular one but doing so can make brownies richer and more fudgey.
This recipe! Adding mix-ins like your favorite candy bar will immediately enhance boxed brownie mix. Also, picking a good mix is key. Hence why we always use Ghiradelli.
Nope! Simply adjust baking time based on the back of the box if you use a different size pan.
It’s tough to tell. If you take the pan out of the oven and slightly tilt the pan side to side and the middle slides to whatever side you’re tilting it on, the brownies probably aren’t done. The middle may still look wet but we always take them out right before they look done. The brownies continue to cook as they cool so we err on the side of caution because no one likes a burnt or tough brownie!
If you prefer a lighter brownie that more resembles chocolate cake, use water (not milk) and an additional egg. This will cause the batter to form a lighter, cakey brownie.
We recommend sealing these brownies in an air-tight container once they’ve been cut to prevent them from drying out. However, over time, they will lose some moisture. We pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and that does the trick! Be careful not to overcook them, as the chocolate can burn.
These candy bar brownies are just so easy!
It really doesn’t get easier than making a boxed brownie mix, tossing in chopped up candy bars, and baking. The hardest part is letting them cool enough before digging in so you don’t burn your mouth! We highly recommend topping these brownies with a scoop of classic vanilla bean ice cream or enjoying with an ice cold glass of milk. There’s just something about pairing a cold drink or ice cream with warm, gooey brownies. These easy candy bar brownies are sure to be a crowd pleaser, even for the pickiest of people!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- Frozen Chocolate Banana Sandwiches
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Sweet & Salty Snack Mix
- The Best Gooey Blondies
- Protein Hot Chocolate
If you make our recipe, we would love for you to rate and review it below. We also love connecting on social media so tag us @theperfectpear8 so we can see what candy bar combination you came up with!Print
Easy Candy Bar Brownies
The smell of rich chocolate coming from the oven makes it hard to wait to eat them until they cool slightly (but we don’t judge if you want to take a spoon or fork straight into the pan because we may have done that before..). We love making these for any occasion from birthdays and celebrations to potlucks to those random nights when the chocolate craving hits. If you love chocolate and you love candy bars, these easy candy bar brownies are a match made in heaven!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18 brownies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 18-oz box Ghiradelli brownie mix
- 1 cup candy bar pieces (chopped into bite-sized pieces), plus 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×13″ baking dish with parchment paper and/or nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, water, egg, and oil into a medium-sized bowl and mix until just combined.
- Stir in candy bar pieces until coated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread evenly using a rubber spatula.
- Top batter with 1/4 cup candy bar pieces and bake for 29-31 minutes. The middle should be slightly wet but not liquidy.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before diving in! This will allow the brownies to set before cutting.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to one week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 95
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 10