Breakfast is made easy, not to mention healthy, with this baked oatmeal recipe. Throw in some blueberries and almond extract and you have the perfect meal prepped breakfast for the week. We love making this on Sunday so we can portion it out for a quick, grab-and-go breakfast. Not gonna lie, we also eat some fresh out of the oven. It also freezes well if you want to save some for another week!
The bananas give this baked oatmeal moisture, the oats and chia seeds give the recipe texture and fiber, and the blueberries and protein powder give it extra sweetness. Add in some other flavor boosts like cinnamon and vanilla and almond extract, and you have a delicious, nutrient-dense breakfast!
Our favorite way to enjoy this baked oatmeal recipe is by heating it in the oven or microwave and topping with a tablespoon of natural peanut or almond butter mixed with plain low-fat Greek yogurt. Then, drizzle a little bit of real maple syrup on top. What a way to start your day, right?! All you need is a cup of your favorite coffee or tea and you are set.
What makes this recipe healthy?
This baked oatmeal recipe will keep you full for hours, especially if you top it with our nut butter + Greek yogurt combo. The oats and chia seeds provide fiber, the protein powder and Greek yogurt contain protein, and the nut butter and chia seeds are healthy fats. Breakfast is a meal that typically lacks protein and can be high in simple sugars (think pastries, sugary cereals, etc.). These foods can cause our blood sugar to spike and then drop, and fill us up for just an hour or two. But if you combine all of the fiber, protein, and healthy fats in this recipe, you’ll get a steady release of energy all morning to keep you full.
Speaking of protein powder, check out our recipe for protein hot chocolate to read about picking the best protein powder!Print
Baked Oatmeal Recipe with Blueberries & Almond
This baked oatmeal recipe is perfect for an easy weekend breakfast at home or to meal prep for the week!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ bananas (mashed)
- 1 ½ cups oats ((use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free!))
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (third party tested*)
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp almond extract
- ½ cup + handful blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 9×5" baking dish.
- Mash banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except the handful of blueberries). Mix together.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the handful of blueberries on top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for ~5 days.
- Freezes well!
Keywords: baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal with blueberries, blueberry oatmeal, breakfast meal prep, easy baked oatmeal recipe, easy breakfast recipe